Out-of-Contract Super Eagles Coach
Stephen Keshi has expressed concern with
the current lack of leadership at the Nigeria
Football Federation by saying there isn’t
enough preparation for his team ahead of
the Morocco 2015 Africa Cup of Nations
qualifiers against Sudan in October.
The 52-year-old released a list of invited
players for the game on Friday and also
says he has already submitted his program
for the games, but says he still isn’t sure
what will happen with his proposal.
“I have submitted my program to the Super
Eagles secretary for onward submission to
the General Secretary of the NFF to see if
they will accept it so that we can start
building towards the game against Sudan,”
said Keshi.
“It will be very good for us if we can start
preparing immediately because I like
working with the home-based players at
least two weeks before the games.
“But I don’t know what they want to do. It
is just that there isn’t enough preparation.”
Keshi has traditionally opened his camps
with the home-based players before the
overseas-based ones join for the games,
but it has been different recently, with the
former Togo boss not having the time to
work with the home-based players as usual,
partly due to his contract negotiations and
the crises at the NFF.
Let us know your views in the Comments
Section below.
Danny Welbeck answered critics who have questioned his goalscoring ability in emphatic fashion on Wednesday with his first senior hat-trick in Arsenal's 4-1 win over Galatasaray in the Champions League. The 23-year-old England international has impressed with his work rate and link-up play since signing from Manchester United on transfer deadline day, but doubts remained about his predatory instinct in front of goal. He scored during a 3-0 Premier League win against Aston Villa last month but spurned a host of chances in his three other appearances before the visit of the Turkish side. Yet he produced three exquisite finishes at the Emirates that helped belie his supposed lack of composure and ruthlessness. So much time has elapsed since Welbeck's last hat-trick, he forgot to collect the match ball - customary for a player after scoring three times in a game. "I forgot the match ball! I'll get it after. I'm not used to it," Welbeck jo...
Comments
Post a Comment